Redeye Worldwide is the preeminent independent music distributor in the southeast. Based in Hillsborough, NC (near Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill), Redeye began in 1996 by focusing on the rich independent music of the southeast and providing the artists that made up the scene with a distribution option to give them access to all retail accounts located in their region. Since then, Redeye has charted a course of steady, sustainable growth by developing a strong physical and digital distribution network both nationally and internationally and providing a multitude of services to our partners. www.redeyeworldwide.com.
The Accounting Manager engages a successful team and oversees the operations of the Redeye Accounting Department. Reporting to the Director of Accounting, this person will manage all general accounting functions and maintain accurate and current financial records of the company. The Accounting Manager will improve processes and department efficiency and take advantage of advances in accounting technology. They will lead staff and create a high performing, learning environment for the team.
The Accounting Manager performs a wide range of functions including, but not limited to the following:
• Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
• Oversee the day-to-day operations of the accounting department (staff of 7), including artist and royalty accounting.
• Develop staff, coaching in key skill areas, conducting weekly meetings with all direct reports, setting expectations, and engaging and motivating the team.
• Manage all general accounting functions including accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash receipts and disbursements, credit card and expense statement reporting, accounting software administration, and general ledger maintenance and activity.
• Execute month end close processes per schedule to ensure timely and accurate preparation of financial statements.
• Perform daily cash reconciliations and monthly bank account reconciliations.
• Enter payroll journal entries, reconcile payroll advances and employee purchases to schedules.
• Enter other financial journal entries as needed.
• Establish a schedule for timely reconciliation of balance sheet accounts and review reconciliations with the Director of Accounting.
• Use analytic abilities to make suggestions for improving and streamlining processes within the Accounting Department.
• Perform Internal Audits of various functions as assigned.
• Provide coverage for when the Accounting Director is unavailable.
• Contribute to a positive work environment by following through on tasks, taking initiative, working with the team, and identifying solutions.
• Adhere to company policies and procedures including meetings and training requirements, ensuring punctuality and attendance, and following personnel policies.
• Other duties as assigned by the Director of Accounting.
• Professional accountant who is an accessible problem solver who fosters a collaborative learning culture.
• Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or related field, or commensurate experience.
• Must have worked as a Senior Accountant or Accountant performing month end close duties for a minimum of two years.
• Must have extensive accounting software experience and advanced Excel skills.
• Must be able to prioritize and have good organizational skills.
• Strong work ethic and takes ownership of work.
• Great attention to detail.
• Proven ability to work with all levels of staff within the organization.
• Strong communication, mentoring, teaching and coaching skills. Ability to effectively impart accounting and technical knowledge and skills to more junior staff.
• Must be able to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Strong interest in music and learning about the business side of the music industry.
• Five to seven years of accounting experience preferred.
• Minimum two years of management/supervisory experience preferred.
• Music industry accounting experience preferred, especially knowledge of artist royalty statements, mechanical royalty expenses, and publishing royalty administration.
• Netsuite or other comparable accounting systems experience.
To apply for the role, or to recommend a qualified candidate, send a confidential email to Redeye’s exclusive recruiting partners at [email protected] and include “Accounting Manager” in the subject line.
Reply To: [email protected]