Mexican Summer is seeking a dedicated A&R intern to directly assist the A&R Director and A&R Manager in day-to-day duties. Candidates must be hardworking, detail oriented, and must be able to commute to the label office in Greenpoint, Brooklyn 2-3 days a week. No previous experience required, though any previous experience is a plus. Candidates should have a strong interest in independent music and independent record labels. General familiarity with the record label roster is encouraged before applying.
All internships are unpaid, with a $15/day stipend. Class credit is available, if needed.
All prospective applicants should send a resume to [email protected] In the body of the email, please share with us your favorite album of 2019, along with a BRIEF description as to why that was your favorite.
• Listen to / filter demos and send upstream to A&R team
• Pitch new signing ideas or attendance-worthy shows to A&R manager
• Assist in aggregating assets and metadata from artists for new releases
• Track relevant rights holders for reissue projects
• Source and aggregate all assets for reissue projects (audio, art, photos for reissue projects)
• Assist in renewing expiring licenses with label artists
• Assist A&R and creative team in proofreading new album art / packaging
• Assist A&R and operations team in playlist assembly and organization (DISCO maintenance)
• General office administrative tasks ie. mailing packages, organizational tasks, office maintenance, etc.
Mexican Summer is an independent record label serving specialty formats from Brooklyn, New York since 2009. Our mission is to advocate the work of adventurous musicians without the limitations of genre or form.
Reply To: [email protected]