Joining a close-knit, global Synchronisation team in Los Angeles, the Coordinator, Synch Income Tracking will be responsible for the critical tasks of tracking, receiving and processing all payments deriving from the use of our clients compositions in tv, film, video games, advertising and other media. Reporting to the Co-Head of Synch & Brand Partnerships, the successful candidate will be curious, target driven and proactive as well as highly numerical and analytical but with a keen interest in synch licensing. This is a role ideally suited to someone who enjoys problem solving in a fast-paced environment, and deals with pressure but remains optimistic and persistent to ensure our clients get paid accurately and efficiently.
WHAT DOES A COORDINATOR, SYNCH INCOME TRACKING DO AT KOBALT?
- Organize and process all US synch royalty payments working closely with the finance department to reconcile those payments and troubleshoot any issues
- Manage internal reports to rectify payment and percentage discrepancies
- Track, monitor, and work to collect outstanding payments for all United States and Canadian synch licenses
- Correspond with customers in film, TV, video games, advertising agencies, etc. regarding status of payments
- Act as a liaison between customers and licensing department regarding invoice and license revisions
- Collaborate with the KTech product team to streamline internal Kobalt income tracking systems
- Maintain various weekly, monthly and quarterly reports outlining synch performance and KPIs
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Experience in finance, accounting, royalty tracking (or an equivalent role) with an understanding, or working knowledge of synch licensing and music rights terminology
- Strong numerical skills and analytical abilities
- Detail oriented, organized, timely and accurate with ability to work efficiently autonomously or collaboratively across multiple projects
- Natural and creative problem solver
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong proficiency in computer software applications including G-suite, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Most important is that you are a music fan who enjoys working in a collaborative team environment with an ability to work independently
Why choose us?
At Kobalt we’ve prioritized creators since we first started in 2000. Our music services and the technology we’ve built helps make the industry more fair and rewarding for artists. We’re trusted by some of the world’s biggest names like Childish Gambino, Akon, Freya Ridings, Paul McCartney and The Red Hot Chili Peppers and represent more than 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in the U.S. and U.K.
We thrive on creativity and are committed to championing diversity. We’re dedicated to inclusiveness and provide all the resources and benefits you need to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, and an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not just fun, but also rewarding.
What members of the team say:
“Collaboration and teamwork are at the core of Kobalt’s DNA, which not only fuels its success in the industry, but also makes it a very special place to work. Even during a time when the traditional work environment has changed, there’s no hesitation when it comes to asking questions, brainstorming, or just catching up with colleagues. It’s a very positive environment and no challenge feels insurmountable.” – Derek Cournoyer, Synch US
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
Reply To: [email protected]