Compass Records Group is currently seeking a Director of Marketing and Promotion to join our team in Nashville.
Description: The ideal candidate is a clear and critical thinker who takes personal accountability for achieving individual and shared goals, possesses a firm working knowledge of roots music marketing and promotion, has exceptional interpersonal skills, and has the ability to work in an open and creative group environment. In this dynamic, fast-paced role, time management skills are crucial as is pro-active initiation and follow through on a broad range of actions. The role is full-time and requires some out-of-office-hours activity, such as attendance at shows, accompanying artists on promotional activities, etc.
• Develop and execute distinctive marketing campaigns that guide the direction of radio promotion, advertising, publicity, social media messaging, consumer facing and B2B sales, and licensing
• Oversee all promotional elements of the record release cycle; coordinate assets across campaigns, including music videos, live sessions, photo shoots, digital assets, biographies, and promotional materials in conjunction with the Digital and Publicity departments
• Prepare and maintain project timelines and budgets
• Work closely with the Director of Publicity to plan and coordinate artist's schedules and promotional activities
• Work closely with the Digital Marketing Manager to design digital marketing strategies that will include advertising, social media strategy, website builds, and more
• Communicate with management and artists on a regular basis to deliver periodic results and updates, address concerns, manage expectations and maintain a good working relationship with the goal of implementing creative and successful campaigns
• Create and maintain best practice documents and ongoing tracking of overall campaign tactics and results
• Work closely with the A&R team to coordinate product delivery and campaign timelines
• Cultivate promotional opportunities and partnerships with emerging markets and non-traditional digital/tech outlets (Instagram, VR, etc.) and branding
• At least four years of professional experience in the music business is required and previous marketing experience is preferred
• Comprehensive knowledge of current and future trends in music marketing
• Ability to confidently plan and manage campaigns to a high standard
• Superior organizational and time management skills with attention to detail and ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
• Knowledge and experience of artist and label services including campaign management and budget management
• Excellent relationship and communication skills are essential – both in person and in writing. The ability to provide clear, concise information, advice, and recommendations is key.
• Ability to speak effectively across all levels of business, both internally and externally
• Excellent knowledge of the digital space, including retail, analytics, and social media with an ability to adapt to a constantly changing landscape
• Strong relationships with media and DSP’s including Spotify, Apple, YouTube, Deezer and Amazon a plus
• An enthusiastic approach towards music and creative media, ideally with an appreciation for the repertoire Compass represents
• Competitive Salary
• Health, Dental, Vision
• Paid holidays
• Paid vacation days
• Relocation allowance
To apply, please send resume and cover letter with the subject line: Director of Marketing and Promotion position.
Reply To: [email protected]