ABOUT THE COMPANY:
The American Association of Independent Music (A2IM) is a trade group representing independently owned recorded music companies. A2IM is uniquely positioned in serving as a central voice for a diverse community of independent labels. A2IM operates within the United States focusing on government advocacy, education, and creating business opportunities for its community. Our membership comprises more than 600 record labels including Beggars Group, Epitaph, and Stones Throw as well as 200 relevant music businesses such as Spotify, Discogs, and SXSW. A2IM represents members’ interests in the marketplace, in media and tech, on Capitol Hill, and as part of the global music community. A2IM focuses on government advocacy, education, and creating community through networking for its members.
At A2IM’s headquarters in New York, NY. While A2IM currently has a work-from-home policy, this position may entail a combination of both remote work and, when it’s safe to return to the office, in-office work for one to two days per week.
The Administrator/Executive Assistant role supports the President and CEO with scheduling and travel, administers accounts receivable, and performs general office duties that enable A2IM’s mission of supporting growth, awareness, and opportunities for independent music through advocacy, education, and community.
Specific duties include, but are but not limited to, the following:
As Executive Assistant to the President and CEO:
- Coordinating meetings and travel and communicating on the CEO’s behalf
- Manage calendar and emails for the President & CEO
- Schedule meetings for the President & CEO
- Taking accurate meeting notes and minutes; distributing them as needed
- Organizing an annual board retreat and board meetings throughout the year
- Filing on-time, monthly, expense reports for yourself and the President and CEO
As Accounts Administrator:
- Communicating with members on billing matters including, but not limited to, invoicing, following up, and receiving payment for member companies and for sponsorships using Quickbooks and Growthzone
- Managing and maintaining regular billing cycles
- Maintaining a zero aged receivables policy
- Answer customer service questions about accounts payable
- Manage membership activation and termination on CRM
- Pay invoices sent to A2IM
- Review staff expense reports
- Management of the office and light general office duties
- Assist team with any administrative tasks that may come up day-to-day, or research possible solutions
- Help brainstorm ideas for A2IM’s initiatives and execute administrative work for each initiative (ticketing, email communications, etc)
Required Skills and Experience:
- Highly organized, detailed, and accurate admin-savvy
- Go-getter; assertive problem solver
- Impeccable written and spoken communication and interpersonal skills
- Effective prioritization, time, and project management skills
- Excellent facility with numbers
- Familiarity with QuickBooks accounting systems is an asset
- The drive to go above and beyond to deliver world-class service for our members
- CRM, data management, analytical, and reporting skills
- Tech-savvy including use of computers, Internet, social media, Slack, MS Office, and Google suite
- Record label, music publishing, music distribution, management, or other relevant music industry experience is an asset
JOB TYPE: Full-time
A2IM is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive compensation and benefits.
Job title commensurate with experience
To apply for the role or recommend a qualified candidate please email: [email protected] and include Executive Assistant/Accounts Administrator in the subject line.
Reply To: [email protected]