About Our Client
Our music company is a new global music venture focused on investing in and providing personalized solutions to independent labels and artists. Our goal is to establish a world-class, future-facing entity. We strive to be a record company for the future, based on flexibility, deep values and a passion for independent culture. We are building a team to join us on that journey. You will be joining a fast-growing, values-focused organization, led by a team of renowned industry experts working with a broad range of music genres.
Driven by our core mission to respect, preserve and enhance the legacies and cultural identity of our growing list of artist and label partners, we care deeply about our company culture. We are committed to providing a working environment that is inclusive and promotes collaboration and contribution.
Lead coordinated resources that drive awareness, engagement and consumption for the company, its labels, artists, releases and catalogs globally. Create a world class integrated digital, marketing and commercial partnerships shared service that meets the diverse needs of the company’s acquired labels, catalogs and assets. Orchestrate all marketing asset, social media and advertising strategies to maximize opportunities for the company. Leverage the catalogs’ depth and legacy and create storytelling opportunities and compelling marketing campaigns that drive discovery and rediscovery. Lead sales strategy and directly manage strategic relationships with digital distributors and DSPs. Design, execute and measure successful streaming and sales campaigns. Leverage analytics to maximize value for the company and its DSP partners.
Reports directly to the company Partners responsible for revenue growth.
Flexible. Colleagues are working virtually and currently based in Los Angeles, Nashville, New York, London and other locations.
• Lead cohesive marketing initiatives across all traditional and digital channels.
• Partner with Label Managers and artists’ teams to translate artistic vision into compelling marketing campaigns that cascade effectively into streaming campaigns.
• Manage overall marketing calendar, keeping colleagues, external resources, artists and other participants aligned throughout the planning and execution of campaigns.
• Oversee all marketing asset creation and management.
• Oversee all label and artist social media, keeping artists’ social media aligned with the company’s best practices and unique campaign strategy.
• Responsible for overall marketing budgets and campaign budgets.
• Make effective ROI based, advertising strategy and spend decisions.
• Aggregate data from a variety of sources including marketing, social media, streaming, charts, radio, etc., make analytics-informed decisions.
• Develop streaming and consumption and sales strategies for the company catalog and roster.
• Build relationships with the DSPs and coordinate campaigns with an understanding of best practices for how each DSP prefers to interact with labels and distributors.
• Leverage SEO, algorithms, voice and other technologies to influence consumption on music services.
• Follow trends in demographics and user behavior, and design streaming and sales strategies to capture existing fans of the company’s music as they migrate to streaming, and drive discovery of the Company’s music for new generations of fans.
• Partner with Label Managers and align staff in Marketing, Commercial Partnerships, Data Strategy, and Physical to ensure coordinated campaigns, schedules and outcomes.
• Minimum of 10 years in digital marketing in the music business and streaming sales at a music label or distributor, or in label relations at a DSP.
• Digital marketing and sales experience in catalog, and across diverse genres. Frontline digital sales experience a plus.
• Experience leading brand, social media and fan engagement for catalog artists.
• Demonstrated track record of reinvigorating catalogs by driving consumption as existing audience adopts streaming, and by introducing catalog to new audiences.
• Strong relationships across the major DSPs, and a working knowledge or DSP structures.
• Demonstrated experience as a leader with a track record building and leading a team as business growth permits.
• Resourceful, and hands on, with experience selecting and managing outside agencies, advertising and other specialists.
• Strategic thinker / builder mindset and self-starter, leader / doer with the capacity to work independently.
A competitive salary and benefits package will be offered, commensurate with the role and the relevant experience of the final hire. The company is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply send a resume to [email protected], subject: Head of Marketing & Commercial Partnerships 2021.
Reply To: [email protected]