As a Junior Marketing Manager at AWAL, you will assist and support Marketing Directors on campaign strategies for a diverse roster of artists. You will work closely with marketing teams in the US, Canada, UK and an international team based in the UK to provide operational support, assist in project planning and management, and synchronize global marketing campaigns. Additional responsibilities will include budgeting, referencing information systems, scheduling and reporting as well as managing cross-communication with A&R, commerce, creative, promotion, audience development, sync, brand partnership and publicity teams. You are the backup point of communication with artist and artist management partners and to be successful in the role, you are a self-motivated strategic thinker, detail oriented and an organized project manager. You are also a keen problem solver and passionate about artist marketing with the proven ability to multi-task and have a desire to grow into a lead Marketing role within the music industry.
WHAT DOES A JUNIOR MANAGER, MARKETING AT AWAL DO?
- Support Marketing Directors in the areas of project management and ideation of creative marketing campaigns for a diverse roster of artists
- Assist in managing marketing campaign budgets, release scheduling, communication, reporting, invoicing and problem solving
- Collaborate with A&R, commerce, creative, promotion, audience development, , sync, brand partnership and publicity teams to develop artists and grow existing careers
- Communicate and synchronize campaigns with global marketing teams
- Regularly communicate with external parties and maintain a high level of relationship management
- Manage relationships with external brand and marketing partners
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Experience in a marketing role in music (label experience preferred), or other entertainment industries (e.g. film, TV and fashion) with understanding and knowledge of the current music landscape and general awareness of marketing campaigns
- Good familiarity of digital, social and viral marketing within the music space
- Strong verbal, written, and communication skills
- Basic level of Photoshop and graphic design skill is desirable
- Is proactive and has a high level of attention to detail
WHAT MEMBERS OF THE TEAM SAY
“AWAL's values are a rare find in the music industry, in that they are genuinely practised by the team every day, without compromise. Because of our excitement for our roster and ambitious goals, AWAL has gained a reputation for a kind, respectful and progressive working culture, both internally and with our partners. I have never felt as supported by my colleagues and line managers as in my time here - day-to-day wins and wider industry recognition are equally warmly celebrated as a group effort. It's compelling to work for an independent label who is shaking up the status quo, and seeing massive success for our artists. “ - Gemma Hall, Manager
WHY CHOOSE US?
At Kobalt we’ve prioritized creators since we first started in 2000. Our music services and the technology we’ve built helps make the industry more fair and rewarding for artists. AWAL, Kobalt's recording company, is the partner of choice for innovative artists at all stages of their careers as we transform the way music is released by creating a high-quality path for artists to remain outside of the traditional label system. AWAL is the partner for leading artists and labels including Lauv, Finneas, girl in red, AG Club, Yung Bans, Kim Petras,,Gus Dapperton, Little Simz, Dayglow, COIN, , Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Dashboard Confessional, Glassnote Records (Childish Gambino, Mumford & Sons), Blue Raincoat Music / Chrysalis (Sinead O’Connor, The Specials), and many more!
We thrive on creativity and are committed to championing diversity. We’re dedicated to inclusiveness and provide all the resources and benefits you need to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, and an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not just fun, but also rewarding.
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
Reply To: [email protected]