Fat Beats is an independent music wholesaler specializing in vinyl distribution. We build relationships alongside our partners that are in tune with today's music marketplace and we passionately labor for the labels we love.
Fat Beats is seeking a full-time General Manager based in our Canoga Park, CA headquarters.
The Label Manager of Fat Beats will oversee the day to day needs of a select roster of distributed artists and record labels . They will be one of the key voices that represents the company at trade events, concerts and conferences. They will help maintain and expand business opportunities and navigate the company through an ever-changing industry. The ideal candidate will be well versed in the community that Fat Beats serves and bring energy and excitement to our growing team.
- Serve as the point of contact for distributed artists and labels addressing their day to day needs with timely correspondence
- Seek new business in both the physical and digital marketplaces and negotiate/execute agreements
- Perform P&L analyses to ensure all ventures have a clear path to success
- In conjunction with the sales/marketing teams, forecast sales expectations on all new releases including both manufactured and finished goods
- Guide Production team with oversight of the production schedule for all physical goods, ensuring all deadlines are met
- 5+ years of experience with a record label or music distributor in a managerial role
- Extensive contacts within the Los Angeles music community and beyond, preferably with artists/labels that Fat Beats currently distributes
- Passion for music and vinyl culture
- Comprehensive knowledge of the physical/digital music supply chain
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, as well as the ability to motivate and provide team leadership
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, primarily Outlook/Excel
- Experience with Sage 100 or other ERP programs preferred
Reply To: [email protected]