Merlin, the global collective for independent music rights holders, is seeking a Manager Strategic Initiatives.
The Manager of Strategic Initiatives will function as an in-house strategy consultant, under the CEO’s direction, to support new or exploratory initiatives and cross-functional efforts. The role will manage and execute special projects, help to develop and execute communications and branding strategy, assist in internal communications, and contribute to strategic initiatives across the company.
Position Status, Location and Reporting
This is a full time position based in New York and reports directly to the CEO.
• 5+ years experience working in a strategy, strategic marketing, business development, partnerships, or analyst role.
• Experience in either entertainment, media, technology or other IP business, or in an investment banking or consulting firm environment serving those industries.
• BA/BS degree in business, music business, finance, management, economics or other relevant field, or equivalent professional experience.
• Extremely strong communication skills, both interpersonal and written.
• Quantitative, analytical, systematic thinker with strong problem solving skills.
• Ability to work independently, and autonomously, with good judgement about when to seek input and/or escalate matters.
• Flexible and adaptable, with the ability to quickly build trust and rapport, working across functions and with external partners.
• Hands on, detail oriented, organized, with great follow through.
• The highest degree of work ethic and integrity.
• MBA or or masters in music business or equivalent.
• Experience developing and launching new initiatives, including setting and tracking KPIs, making iterative improvements and driving learning and success.
• Experience working with external stakeholders and partners.
• Experience in leveraging (and developing new) knowledge and skills across multiple ongoing programs to drive change and support to deliver initiatives.
• Comfortable taking risks and confident in presenting and supporting their point of view.
Equal Opportunity and Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Merlin is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law. Further, the company strives to create a diverse, welcoming, equitable and inclusive environment for all applicants, employees, member companies and partners.
To apply or recommend a qualified candidate, please apply on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/cap/view/2005565975/?pathWildcard=2005565975&trk=mcm or send a resume to [email protected] and include “Merlin - Strategic Initiatives 2020” in the subject line.
Reply To: [email protected]