Apply Here: http://bit.ly/mtheoryapply
mtheory is seeking a motivated, curious, team-oriented and organized individual to work closely with managers, artists and mtheory teammates to facilitate client success in today’s music market. The Marketing Director will work as a key project manager across all aspects of global marketing campaigns, at the direction of mtheory senior management to execute and implement strategic and operational initiatives to achieve the goals of clients and their artists. The Marketing Director must have a strong foundational knowledge of all aspects of the music industry, experience managing cross-functioning teams and reporting goals, strategies, highlights to clients and senior management.
This position regularly interacts with teams across a variety of functions of an artist's business including management, digital marketing partners, international partners, music publishers, advertising agencies, creative teams, radio promotion, publicity, sponsorship, touring, production and manufacturing, merchandise, and special projects. Candidates must be highly organized and demonstrate operational excellence. Candidate must also have the ability to manage multiple projects at once, create a strategy and execute marketing plans, monitor KPIs, manage and create budgets, communicate effectively across the global teams, build meaningful relationships and take the initiative to drive projects forward.
- 4 year degree
- 5+ years experience in the music industry
- Strong social, communication, and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- Curious about new tools and strategies
- Flexible with new methods
- Proactive with strong prioritization skills
- Intuitive ability to work in an entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to interact with senior staff, creative executives, managers and artists
- Interest in music, entertainment and global business
- Knowledge of international markets (key digital service providers, digital, press and radio partners)
- Fluency in Google Suite of products (Sheets, Docs, Presentations)
- Knowledge of online and digital platforms including social media best practices
- Knowledge of music industry, music partner data and analytics (Spotify for Artists, Spotify Analytics, Apple Music for Artists, iTunes Connect, YouTube, Creator Studio, Nielsen Soundscan, Nielsen Music Connect, Mediabase etc)
mtheory provides a modern set of capabilities to managers and their artists. mtheory believes in a holistic approach to artist development that prioritizes streaming to build an engaged fanbase and optimizes campaigns to maximize revenue in an artist's largest earnings areas (typically live music). Our services include marketing, digital strategy, sales, tour marketing, creative services, live production, deal advisory, distribution, production and project financing.