The Member Relations & Operations Manager is an experienced and enthusiastic manager-level digital music executive who supports and empowers our members and maximizes opportunities with our digital partners.
The role will involve working directly with leading independents and the industry’s most significant and emerging digital partners. In addition, the person fulfilling this role will work closely with our collaborative global team in a fast paced, energetic and fun atmosphere.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to work with a broad cross-section of the global digital, independent recorded music industry, as Merlin continues to experience remarkable growth at the forefront of where independent music leaders and the digital market merge.
Position Status, Location and Reporting
This is a full-time position based in New York City and reports to the leaders of the Member Relations and Member Operations teams.
• Manage day to day communications and support for existing Merlin member companies
• Manage communications with Merlin’s digital music service partners
• Manage integrations and establish marketing opportunities with new digital music partners
• Create support documentation, training guides, presentations and best practice & procedures guides that support members and digital partners
• Lead communications and provide support to applicant companies and new members
• Demonstrate good judgement on issues requiring escalation and communicate effectively with Merlin’s global teams
• Investigate, troubleshoot, and solve issues for members
• Actively contribute to other the overall objectives of the Member Relations & Operations teams to successfully complete member- and partner-facing initiatives
• Take advantage of opportunities to stretch and grow as business demands evolve
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The successful candidate will be a detail-oriented proven self-starter with a demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously and to communicate confidently with digital partners, record labels and distributors.
• Minimum of 4 years of experience working at music labels, distributors or artist services companies.
• Strong understanding of the digital music industry, music distribution and the mechanics of the digital music supply chain
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work with clients of all personalities
• Active listening skills to accurately respond to inquiries and requests
• Ability to establish the highest degree of credibility and rapport with owners and executives at indie labels and with peers at digital partners
• Proficiency with computer applications including Excel (including using Pivot Tables), PowerPoint, Google Forms, task management programs and contact management systems
• Detail oriented and well organized
• Comfortable prioritizing multiple issues/tasks
• Ability to work under pressure
• Multilingual or multicultural experience and skills
• Established network of contacts throughout indie labels and digital services.
• Experience working with labels and other partners involved in diverse music genres including Rap and Latin Music and music from various global regions
• Industry relationships & understanding the independent label sector
A competitive salary, incentive and benefits package will be offered, commensurate with the role and the relevant experience of the final hire.
Equal Opportunity and Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Merlin is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law. Further, the company strives to create a diverse, welcoming, equitable and inclusive environment for all applicants, employees, member companies and partners.
To apply or recommend a qualified candidate, please apply on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/cap/view/2011248016/?pathWildcard=2011248016&trk=mcm or send a resume to [email protected] and include “Merlin - Member Relations and Operations Manager 2020” in the subject line.
Reply To: [email protected]