Member Services & Operations Coordinator
Merlin is looking for an enthusiastic person, passionate for the Merlin mission empowering independent music companies, to join our New York City based member support team as Member Services & Operations Coordinator.
The position, based in our NYC office, will work in support of Merlin’s London based Director, Global Member Services and our Global Head of Member Operations and work closely with Merlin’s NYC based Member Services & Operations Manager. The successful candidate will play an important role in all communications with members, membership applications and assisting our members in maximizing the value of their participation in Merlin deals.
The role will involve working with Labels, Distributors and Artist Services companies from across the globe who join Merlin seeking greater control of their digital business and wanting to work directly with key digital partners.
This is an opportunity for someone with excellent people skills, attention to detail and is proficient at multi-tasking to work with a broad cross-section of the global independent recorded music industry, in a supportive working environment inside a growing global team.
The successful candidate will be a motivated and proven self-starter, with a demonstrated ability to work independently and possessing strong follow up skills.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a strong knowledge of the digital music industry are essential. Established relationships, an understanding of the independent music sector and Powerpoint/Keynote presentation creation skills would be advantageous. Candidates possessing the above who are multi-lingual and/or are knowledgeable about Hip-Hop or Latin music genres are sure to get our attention.
Qualified candidates should forward a resume and cover letter inclusive of your salary requirements to [email protected]
Areas of responsibility include:
• Distribute Member related communications;
• Manage Member administrative duties including record keeping and light data entry;
• Processing membership applications and communications with applicants through our on-boarding process;
• Coordinate and assist in creation and distribution of DSP best practice / summary guides;
• Manage records of member participation in Merlin opportunities;
• Message and coordinate member participation in Merlin presentations and workshops with partner DSPs;
• Assist Department Heads in creation and on-going maintenance of all opportunity distributions;
• Assist Merlin staff and members in on-going education and certifications relating to partner DSPs;
• Provide general support for members’ questions and issues;
• Liaise with the project coordinator on IT issues and development.
• Provide operational support materials to new members each month including, but not limited to, operational summaries, best practice guides and marketing opportunities;
• Gather and maintain member data relative to maximizing opportunities for members with DSP partners in relation to new releases/catalogues;
• Provide support to members implementing operational aspects of Merlin commercial deals;
• Work alongside Merlin Member Services & Operations teams to maintain Participating Member lists as they relate to the operational aspects of Merlin deals;
• Training and certification on rights management and other DSP tools to assist in practical member support;
• Coordinate scheduling and admin of member workshops and presentations;
• Manage inbound Merlin Member Services & Operations email accounts;
• Assist with set-up and maintenance of Merlin-DSP pitching and participation forms;
• Assist Merlin team on admin tasks relating to maximizing participation across the membership;
• Manage error tickets and other notices of operational requirements from DSPs;
• Coordinate project management for member facing IT issues and tools developments;
• General team support.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The successful candidate will have:
• 2 or more years of experience in a client facing support role;
• Excellent math, verbal and written communication skills (English; multilingual is a plus);
• Strong interpersonal skills;
• Exceptional attention to detail and well organized;
• Proficiency with computer applications including Microsoft Office Suite, Apple Products (KeyNote), Google Applications Suite and various task management applications;
• Comfortable tracking and prioritizing multiple issues across different platforms;
• Comfortable assisting staff, where required, in meetings (both internal and external).
• Previous experience working with a member-based organization (distributor, collecting society, trade association);
• Knowledge of the digital music industry;
• Knowledge of/interest in independent music, Hip-Hop and/or Latin music genres
Reply To: [email protected]