Ninja Tune - Fall Internship
Location: Our offices are based in Los Angeles, but this internship will be fully remote working therefore we are open to candidates based anywhere in North America.
Start date: September 21 2020
Availability: Minimum 2 days per week – 10am - 4pm
Internship length: 3 months
Closing date for Application: September 4 2020 (midnight PDT)
About the role:
Ninja Tune is seeking remote Fall interns for our Los Angeles office. We are searching for candidates who are interested in getting a first-hand look at the independent music industry and functions of a record label
The candidate should be creative, have a desire to build a career in the music industry. The job will be focused on marketing, digital sales, and reporting as well as helping with day-to-day tasks. The internship will include close supervision by a small team of employees in a remote fashion.
This is a paid internship program. Our aim is for our interns to transition into an entry level position in the music industry as a result of their work with us. Work equipment will be provided as needed.
- Assist with campaign marketing reports.
- Assist the marketing team with composing in-depth campaign research reports.
- Work with the label assistant to maintain contact databases.
- Assist in the brainstorming of creative marketing campaigns.
- Work closely with the digital sales assistant to compose in-depth campaign research reports.
- Draft playlisting reports of Ninja Tune releases to reflect the success of the song on streaming platforms.
- Draft pitching forms of upcoming Ninja Tune releases to send to streaming platforms to increase play and popularity.
- Assist with Spotify advertising.
- Assist with YouTube dispute/claim resolutions.
- Other tasks as requested.
- Eager to be here and have a general interest in how an indie record label functions. We want interns that are enthusiastic about the business and that have a desire to turn this into a full-time career.
- Receptive to directions, open to asking questions and giving/receiving feedback as you go.
- Punctual and professional.
- Familiar with the Ninja Tune roster and/or the type of music we release.
How to apply
In your own words and in your own style we would like to know how enthusiastic you are about the role. We would really like to know:
Why do you want an internship with Ninja Tune?
What interests you most about the Ninja Tune roster?
Why should we hire you as an intern?
You can answer these questions in any one format you prefer, written, video, audio, PowerPoint – whatever works for you!
Please keep any written documents or PowerPoint slides to one side only.
Please keep any audio or video content to a maximum of 3 minutes long. You can upload any media on an online cloud space that suits you and you can share the link with us directly so only we can see it.
Please send documents or links to your media content along with your resume to [email protected], with the subject heading ‘Ninja Tune Internship Application’. Please be sure to write a short cover note which tells us who you are and the best email to contact you at should we need to.
Any information shared with Ninja Tune will be used purely for recruitment purposes.
Ninja Tunes is an Equal Opportunities employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Reply To: [email protected]