New York based record label, Mexican Summer is seeking a full-time Project Manager.
Project management within our independent label family provides an opportunity to further your career alongside our artists and build relationships with management, booking agents, publicists, and other industry influencers.
The Project Manager position reports to the Head of Project Management and is closely aligned with a label team consisting of A&R, Creative, Production, Sales and Retail, and fellow Project Managers.
Communication skills and self-starting are essential traits within this unique office culture. The position is based in Brooklyn, New York and requires periodic travel.
Mexican Summer is an independent record label serving specialty formats from Brooklyn, New York since 2009. Our mission is to advocate the work of adventurous musicians without the limitations of genre or form.
• Coordinate and manage releases from inception, release and post-release, working closely with the International team to develop global campaigns
• Successfully develop detailed and concise campaign strategy and scheduling through insight analysis, industry research and timeline configuration
• Develop, coordinate and actualize marketing initiatives for your artists and album campaigns with internal and external teams
• Be available as the accessible “point person” for assigned projects day-to-day concerns; utilizing excellent judgement in troubleshooting through issues or escalating as appropriate
• Oversee and maintain campaign budgets
• Hire and coordinate 3rd party US press and radio teams
• Collaborate with live agents, promoters and artist management to formulate a live plot and promo plans
• Develop all aspects of creative and asset curation with internal and external teams including videos, remixes, sessions and visual content
• Collaborate with sales and project manager teams on cross-campaign opportunities
• Initiate and lead team wide project meetings
• Build and maintain strong relationship with artists and management teams
• Grow the Mexican Summer brand through compelling and innovative project
• Please send an email to [email protected] and include your resume and a cover letter
• At least three years of project management experience specific to music and / or creative initiatives
• Relevant experience in developing and managing advertising and digital marketing campaigns
• Must be self motivated with excellent communication skills
• Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative suites, Google Docs, Project budgets and Project Management interfaces
• Must be interested in new music, reissue culture, working across a diverse mix of artist campaigns, new media spaces and stay up on exciting new marketing initiatives
Equal Employment Opportunity and Non-Harassment:
Kemado Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender (including gender identity and gender expression, actual or perceived gender-related self-image, appearance, behavior, expression or other gender-related characteristic regardless of the sex assigned to that person at birth), familial status, marital or partnership status, caregiver status, pregnancy, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest or conviction record, unemployment status, credit history, domestic violence victim status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, accommodation requests, access to programs and facilities, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
Reply To: [email protected]