Record Label Marketing Manager
This person has 3+ years of experience working in the music industry, specifically at a Record Label in a similar role, or an artist services focused company like a PR firm, management company or distributor, and has managed marketing campaigns in the entertainment or music industries. Ideally this person has relevant relationships with press outlets, DSP’s, brands, radio stations, music supervisors and other potential strategic partners. This person will work out of our office in downtown Portland, OR.
- Extremely high attention to detail and ability to multitask.
- Driven, self-motivated and hustles daily.
- Creative thinker, able to think outside the box and forge a path forward in difficult situations.
- Experience creating marketing plans and working with editorial calendars.
- Experience working with Facebook Business Manager, Google Adwords and running online advertising campaigns.
- Ability to analyze data feeds from various sources for key insights used to develop micro and macro marketing strategies.
- Ability to write creative and engaging copy for artist bios, press releases and social media.
- Picks up new technology quickly, specifically around social media trends.
- Basic graphic design, web design and shopify experience a plus.
- Google Ads and YouTube Ads certification a plus.
- Work directly with Record Label Manager and Record Label Project Manager to oversee all aspects of successful releases label wide.
- Work closely with our artists and their teams to develop marketing plans and related strategy around releases and tours to create engagement and consumer loyalty.
- In conjunction with Record Label Manager, lead generation of ideas for cutting edge marketing campaigns, and facilitate them through conception, launch and execution.
- Develop relationships with DSP’s, draft marketing drivers, and pitch the TLE catalog for editorial placement.
- Manage and execute in house PR campaigns for select releases, including full album campaigns, single campaigns and tour press.
- Act as the primary liaison between TLE, our artists, and outside hired PR on select releases.
- Work closely with outside hired radio pitching agencies to coordinate airplay campaigns.
- Develop strategy and run social media accounts associated with TLE including Twitter, Facebook and Instagram on a daily basis.
- Write copy for press releases, artist bios and newsletters.
- Regularly assess social performance through testing and analytics insights for paid and organic posts. Work with our artists to make sure they are making the most of their social opportunities.
- Design and create original audio and visual content for social media including animated gifs and short video clips.
- Assist in creating graphics for the TLE website, newsletters, print ads, show posters and other marketing materials such as laying out release one sheets.
- Seek out brand partnerships for our artists and the label.
- Assist with day-of management and overall management of select label events.
- Work with Record Label Intern and help manage their day to day tasks.
- 40 hours of PTO (available upon completion of 90 days)
- Health Benefits (available upon completion of 90 days)
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected] and include your name and "Marketing Manager" in the subject line. Please also fill out a work style assessment at https://assess.predictiveindex.com/YgxQx
TLE exists to serve artists, makers, and musicians. We thrive on being part of the community that supports them and their work. We're strongly committed to promoting positivity, as well as the inclusion of all people who appreciate the work of these creators as much as we do.
TLE is an equal opportunity employer committed to a policy of non-discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veterans' status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other legally protected group status.
Reply To: [email protected]