Sub Pop Records is currently searching for an organized and self-motivated individual to work as our Direct Sales Manager from our headquarters in Seattle, WA. The Direct Sales Manager works in the Sub Pop Sales Dept., running our direct-to-stores wholesale operation.
● Soliciting, receiving and processing direct-to-store orders
● Setting up advertising in the form of print ads, online ads, listening stations, etc. for direct accounts
● Setting up in-stores & other promotional programs with direct accounts.
● Soliciting new direct accounts
● Maintaining and fine-tuning retail contact databases.
● Connecting with stores for POP around in-stores and/or new releases, special events, etc.
● Coordinating with Online Sales/D2C (Sub Pop’s Mega Mart) to manage Sub Pop Local affiliate program and future B2B site.
● Managing weekly reporting of indie sales numbers for weekly marketing meeting notes and in weekly Indie store wrap-up email.
● Supervising physical promotional mailings to retailers, and online digital music servicing to accounts.
● Providing images of store displays, socials etc. to show Sub Pop reach in this account base.
● Representing the direct sales department at artist meetings.
Our ideal candidate will:
● Have music retail experience.
● Have knowledge of and enthusiasm for the Sub Pop catalog, as well as a deep interest in music, generally, and a fundamental belief in its importance.
● Have enthusiasm for music in its many, wonderful physical formats (vinyl LPs, CDs, cassettes).
● Be able to multitask and work in a community-oriented atmosphere.
● Be independent, diligent and self-directed.
● Have strong communication and writing skills.
● Have fluency with social media platforms and Microsoft Office suite applications.
Supervisor: Director of Sales
Please send resumes to Kara Mattaini ([email protected]) by September 16th, 2019.
Reply To: [email protected]