SENIOR PRODUCT MANAGER (Los Angeles)
Ninja Tune is an independent record label created in 1990 by pioneering duo Coldcut and releases uncompromising music from artists including Bonobo, ODESZA, The Cinematic Orchestra, Amon Tobin, Young Fathers, Leon Vynehall, Bicep, Peggy Gou, and Jordan Rakei.
We are currently expanding our Los Angeles office and are looking for an exceptional Sr Product Manager to join the team.
• Work with all label departments & client partners, including agents & managers, to effectively plan & execute marketing campaigns with special focus on our key Counter Records artists.
• Take a key leadership role in coordinating and energizing various departments to proudly deliver clear, innovative & organized marketing campaigns.
• Develop robust creative marketing strategies - from ideation to implementation - ensuring campaign goals are exceeded across primary KPIs & sales.
• Oversee the bigger picture ensuring all areas of a campaign are working together.
• Coordinate and facilitate set up of digital & physical releases, as well as ensuring logistical processes run smoothly- including but not limited to physical manufacturing, distribution and stock levels, as well as delivery & pitching to DSP partners.
• Hire marketing retainers and other third parties for press and radio where necessary, drive and manage those relationships and campaigns to ensure effective work.
• Work with the overall team to ensure campaign assets are procured in a timely fashion, ranging from artwork, remixes, visual content, and social messaging plans.
• Create and maintain campaign timelines, briefing teams and sharing release information efficiently worldwide.
• Create detailed reports of all marketing work on individual campaigns, to ensure that all results are communicated to internal staff, global distribution partners, digital sales team, external marketing agencies and artist management.
• Create and maintain campaign budgets.
• Collaborate with the digital strategy team to develop integrated digital campaigns and embrace new technologies, social media trends and their benefits.
• Work with the sales teams to coordinate and confirm a strong physical retail and DSP plan to drive consumption including streams, pre-orders, pre-saves and sales.
• Coordinate the manufacture of supporting marketing assets including retail posters, stickers, merch, etc.
• Plan & implement advertising campaigns with the digital team as well as Head of Marketing, including ongoing analysis of effectiveness and insights.
• Analyze data including social media and sales data to best plan and manage campaigns.
• Work alongside the entire team to suggest & implement creative marketing to support your campaigns, drive brainstorming sessions and promote collaboration to inspire fresh campaign ideas.
• Look for new, innovative ways to market and promote our artists, releases, and label especially Counter Records.
• Manage promotional and launch events where required.
• Accompany artists, as well as organize, their promo and events where required.
• All other work as necessary to reach campaign goals.
• Minimum of 5 years of product management experience in the music industry.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience focused specifically on the US music market with a deep understanding of landscape and key players.
• Bachelor’s degree, or higher level of education, preferred.
• Passionate about music, specifically an awareness & appreciation of Ninja Tune.
• An excellent understanding of marketing and a proven track record managing music industry specific campaigns.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to manage multiple campaigns simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
• Meticulous attention to detail.
• Proven capability to work autonomously, demonstrating the ability to make decisions.
• Efficient, with excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize.
• Drive and ability to push projects through to completion.
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Ability to work with people effectively and politely at all levels.
• Excellent relationship-building and relationship-management skills.
• Ability to handle difficult situations with tact and diplomacy.
• Excellent ability to problem-solve and keep calm under pressure.
• Current awareness & understanding of social media platforms & trends.
• IT savvy with understanding of GSuite (Google Drive, Google Sheets, Google Docs).
• Hard working and enthusiastic.
To Apply please send CV + Cover Letter to: [email protected]
Reply To: [email protected]