To Apply: https://grnh.se/1a074c2a2us
Songtrust® is the world’s largest technology solution for global music publishing royalty collection and administration. It was founded to simplify music rights management and remove the complexity of the publishing landscape. Songtrust’s core mission is to help musicians, publishers, labels, and distributors easily track and collect global publishing royalties for their music catalogs. Songtrust administers more than 2,000,000 songs and represents more than 300,000 songwriters, including those who have written songs recorded by Drake, Billie Eilish, and Kendrick Lamar. The company works with publishers and distributors such as CD Baby, Downtown Music Publishing, and Sub Pop Publishing. Songtrust maintains the most extensive, accessible publishing network in the music industry by having direct relationships across more than 50 rights societies around the world covering more than 150 countries and territories. Songtrust® is a registered service mark of ST Music LLC, which is owned and operated by Downtown Music Holdings. Songtrust was named a Billboard Magazine Top Music Startup upon launch in 2011. The company is headquartered in New York City.
Songtrust is looking for a Manager, Royalties (International) to join our global royalty processing team. Your focus will be on the reconciliation, ingestion and mapping of international royalty statements from a wide variety of sources. You will report to the Senior Director of Royalties in the NY office and be responsible for meeting individual goals to ensure the team meets its quarterly objectives. Our team takes pride in accuracy and detail, but also in efficient collaboration with the other departments within Songtrust’s Rights Management Operation. This position can be located in either our London or Paris office.
What you'll be doing:
- Processing of incoming royalty statements with a focus on World ex-US sources.
- Provide accounting with a quarterly reconciliation report for the UK site and royalties
- Support internal and external rights holders and partners (e.g. Societies, Sub-Publishers, etc.) to ensure that royalty-related issues get resolved quickly
- Assist in processing income in backlog, error, suspense, client adjustments, etc.
- Liaise with team members and other departments in New York, London and France as it relates to Royalties
- Manage the assignment of claims from SACEM and other Society writer advances and adjustments
- Assist our with royalty distributions to our European clients and companies
- Coordinate with Finance to ensure VAT and WHT is accurately applied to client balances.
- Ensure all Society advances are accurately reflected on writer statements
- Complete ad hoc projects as needed
After 6 months you’ll have:
- A working knowledge of our team’s processes and - familiarity with our vendor population
- The ability to accurately process inbound royalties from all World ex-US pay sources
- A strong familiarity with Songtrust’s World ex-US client roster
- Ability to generate quarterly reconciliation reports to management
You are / have:
- 5+ years music publishing experience in a royalty processing role
- Passion for music, numbers and details
- Management and team-training experience
- Prior experience working with and / or managing PRO relationships
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- SQL and Microsoft Access experience a plus
- Experience with Vistex Music Maestro a plus
- A strong analytical background and excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high productivity environment with tight deadlines
- Resourcefulness, flexibility, and exceptional teamwork skills
- French speaking a plus
Why you want to work here:
- Ample opportunities to work collaboratively with a welcoming, driven team
- Vibrant, friendly, and inclusive culture
- Rich benefit program and Pension
- Career growth opportunities
- Paid volunteer hours
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Songtrust's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and encourage all to apply.
To Apply: https://grnh.se/1a074c2a2us