About the Company
eOne Music Publishing is the publishing division is part of one of the largest independent music businesses in the world, with active writers and catalog in multiple genres including such writers as, Ray McCullough (Cardi B, Bruno Mars, Mariah Carey), Aaron Pearce (Justin Bieber, Clay Walker, Weezer) and the Chuck Berry catalogue. The music division has a presence in Nashville, Los Angeles, New York City, London, Toronto, Melbourne and Hamburg. The larger eOne business includes film and television (The Rookie, Designated Survivor, Molly’s Game) and a world-leading family business (Peppa Pig, PJ Masks) listed on the London Stock Exchange with a market cap in excess of $2B and a library value of $2B. www.entertainmentone.com
The VP will lead the music publishing administration function for this relatively new, fast-growing division. The VP will modernize, plan and execute the publishing administration of a catalog that includes commercial songs and a portfolio of audio visual publishing from the company’s large library of films and television shows. Design and implement new processes and systems that meet the needs of the Company and its writers, and take advantage of advanced technology in the music publishing industry. Drive business performance through the successful management and administration of the Company’s music publishing business.
• Lead the transformation of the administration function and manage the day to day to improve efficiency and provide excellent reporting and service to signed writers.
• Work closely with colleagues in Business Affairs and A&R to understand the evolving needs of the business, articulate administration requirements, and design and build smooth running scalable processes and systems in-house and/or through partnerships.
• Oversee relationship with 3rd party publishing administration partner, ensuring the Company is receiving world class service, support and infrastructure.
• Manage royalty collection globally from major markets including The Americas, Europe and Asia.
• Lead the royalties, reporting and business management aspects of writer relations, including fielding questions from writers on contracts, reporting and payments.
• Spearhead contract administration, developing processes to accurately administer and track according to agreement terms, including tracking when options are up for renewal and other deliverables within the agreements that need to be managed.
• Architect and run an effective process to coordinate with business affairs and creative teams to ingest all new writer agreements and catalogs.
• Ensure proper and complete registrations of owned and administered copyrights in all territories.
• Work closely with internal finance and external publishing administration partner to insure timely and accurate royalty statements are rendered.
• Lead and develop a small staff.
• Navigate and represent the Company’s interests with PROs, sub-publishers and labels.
• Resourceful leader who thrives in an independent music company culture.
• 8 or more years in music publishing administration including 5 or more years in a leadership role.
• Working knowledge of both the A/V and the commercial song publishing business.
• Advanced knowledge of the current state of the art in publishing administration and writer facing technologies is required.
• Strong understanding of the linkages between contract administration, royalties, and financial accounting.
• Hands-on, detail oriented, self-reliant – comfortable managing all steps of the publishing administration process.
• Excellent communicator who effectively leads staff and vendors, partners with colleagues, and delivers excellent service to writers.
• Systematic thinker who creates and improves process, and uses complex technology to simplify workflow.
• Music publishing administration professional who is genuinely collaborative, hard-working, reliable and of the highest integrity.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to supporting diversity and inclusion within its work environment.
To express interest or to recommend a qualified candidate please contact the exclusive recruiter for this role at [email protected] Please include “VP Publishing Administration” in the subject line.
Reply To: [email protected]