This role may also be located in our Playa Vista, CA campus.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience managing music partner accounts.
- 5 years of experience working cross-functionally with business and technical teams.
- 5 years of experience working with or at an indie label.
- Experience in, or working closely with, any of the following fields: finance, accounting, technical account management, business development, legal
- Experience negotiating digital music content licensing deals, including partner bundling and distribution agreements with senior music executives.
- Experience with handling high stress situations and remaining focused on accomplishing the current task.
- Strong attention to detail; ability to juggle and coordinate multiple simultaneous account activities
- Ability to communicate consistently and broadly regarding partner account issues and opportunities
- Service mindset; willingness and ability to act quickly and effectively to cultivate partner satisfaction and make a partner account successful
About the job
YouTube has grown into a community used by over 2 billion people across the globe to access information, share video, and shape culture. The YouTube team helps budding creators build careers, creates products like YouTube Kids, YouTube Music, and YouTube Gaming, and engages communities around shared passions and global conversations. Together, we empower the world to create, broadcast, and share.
As a Manager of Independent Music Partnerships (Americas), you will be responsible for providing ongoing business development and relationship management to YouTube's key US indie label partners. In this role you will interact regularly with counterparts at indie labels, facilitating ongoing business and operational processes, resolving inquiries, and identifying and driving mutual business growth opportunities. You will also collaborate closely with internal teams. You will have exceptional partner management skills, a service mindset, and extensive relationships in the music industry.
At YouTube, we believe that everyone deserves to have a voice, and that the world is a better place when we listen, share, and build community through our stories. We work together to give everyone the power to share their story, explore what they love, and connect with one another in the process. Working at the intersection of cutting-edge technology and boundless creativity, we move at the speed of culture with a shared goal to show people the world. We explore new ideas, solve real problems, and have fun — and we do it all together.
- Own day-to-day account management of strategic indie label partners, including negotiating strategic distribution and record label authorizations where applicable
- Work cross-functionally to develop and drive partner-related business processes, including escalation of strategic issues
- Handle large volumes of requests from partners, prioritize them internally, and set partner expectations for resolution
- Update the partner consistently on product, operational and account changes and collect feedback for internal stakeholders
- Facilitate partner interaction with internal teams, such as technical, content ingestion, legal, and product
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Reply To: [email protected]