Digital Channel Manager (North America)
Warp Records is a leading fully independent label with offices in New York, Los Angeles, London and Sheffield. We release music by groundbreaking and influential Artists across genres with global audiences - Aphex Twin, Flying Lotus, Danny Brown, Brian Eno, Kelela, Yves Tumor, Boards of Canada, Oneohtrix Point Never and many more. Warp has a rich reputation for innovation in the music, videos and design we release and the infrastructure that supports them. 2019 is Warp’s 30th Anniversary.
Warp is delighted to offer an exciting new opportunity for a Digital Channel Manager to join our NYC office and help our Artists tell their stories through captivating and effective social media strategies and content.
This role will work closely alongside the Digital Marketing and Social Media team in our London office as well as our North America promo team in NYC and LA. You are expected to be highly collaborative in this role with input from Artists, Managers, Project Leads, Publicity, A&R, International, Retail and other members of the team.
The ideal candidate will have an in-depth and insightful understanding of the current social media and digital landscape, and a highly creative, artful and forward-thinking approach. You will be a passionate advocate for the power of social media and digital platforms for an Artist and their fanbase. Warp is driven to support our Artists in developing sustainable, long-term careers, and as such it is crucial that you have an intrinsic and critical appreciation for the measurable and commercial impact of your work.
- Create innovative content strategies to maximise existing content, create new content and propose original commissions
- Identify emerging content, tech and social trends and infuse artist campaigns with creative applications of new technology
- Determine and apply correct voice, content and branding for each artist, using agreed artist vision brief
- Develop PR relationships with social media individuals and accounts who may be able to offer promo opportunities for our artists
- Amplify all elements of wider campaign – marketing, promo, etc. – across artist channels
- Establish and oversee approval processes with management/artist/within the label
- Use a combination of native, internal and third-party platform analytics tools to analyse audience and performance data, producing meaningful reports that can inform campaign development
- Proficiency with image and video editing programs such as Photoshop, Premiere/Final Cut, Adobe Creative Suite is a must
- Additional skills in filming, photography, audio editing and basic HTML coding would be an advantage
- Understanding of back-end data from key social networks and systems
- A knowledge of Warp’s Artist roster and our wider music and contemporary art community
- Ability to write/create for different audiences, with exceptional attention to detail – checking spelling/punctuation etc
- Deep knowledge of all social platforms, and interest in emerging platforms & technology
All Warp employees are expected to contribute to the growth and spirit of the whole organization. They should maintain an attitude of sharing knowledge and expertise and collaboration for the collective benefit of all parts of the company
The role will be based in our New York office. Salary dependent on experience. Please apply in writing with a resume, cover letter and portfolio of work examples and/or links to example socials channels that you currently manage to: [email protected] with Digital Channel Manager as the subject line by 5pm ET, Wednesday August 28, 2019.
Reply To: [email protected]