This is a paid, hourly, 30-hour per week position with flexible scheduling based in Los Angeles with potential to develop to a full-time role for the right applicant. The ideal candidate is a participant in our neighborhood’s vibrant grassroots indie scene with an appreciation of our brand as a fan and consumer attuned to shifts in music consumption patterns. We are looking for someone detail-oriented, collaborative, curious, and knowledgeable about music with a diversified digital skill set who relishes taking both direction and initiative, asking questions and managing multiple projects on deadline with tenacity, hustle and follow through.
• General Office support, order processing and invoicing, inventory management. Shipping, freight and mass mailing oversight.
• Production, Marketing, Radio, Publicity, Social Media, Tour Marketing support.
• Database and mailing list management, research, special projects and events as assigned.
• Liaise with Property Management, Municipal Services and Neighbors.
- Calendar management, scheduling and reporting as directed.
• Writing newsletters and social media posts, with strong brand identity and voice.
• Collaborate enthusiastically with label team, distribution partners, artists, managers and postal carriers.
• Experience and knowledge of music required, industry self-starter preferred (blogger, promoter, retail, radio).
• Proficient in MS Office, Dropbox, G-Suite, and Mac OS environment.
- Ability to chip in without pretense to assist with periodic special events and occasional office drudgery.
• Self-motivated, proactive, and resourceful with excellent follow-through and attention to detail.
• Flexible in adjusting to changing priorities with the ability to multitask.
• Clear and concise writing and speaking skills essential.
• Special consideration for experienced with HTML, WordPress, WIX, Squarespace, Adobe Creative Suite, Final Cut, FilemakerPro.
- Experience with physical format manufacturing, independent music retail and tracking platforms (SoundScan, Mediabase, AtVenu) a plus.
Send cover letter & resume to [email protected] Dangerbird Records is an independent record label based in the Silver Lake neighborhood of Los Angeles. Our roster includes Slothrust, Cones, Sea Wolf, Matt Costa, Criminal Hygiene, Arthur King and more.
Reply To: [email protected]