Mom + Pop Music, a leading independent record label based in New York City. Established in 2008 with a commitment to collaboration, transparency and respect for artists’ creative controls. The label has grown to over 40 artists in multiple genres and a diverse team of 15 employees. Artists include Alina Baraz, Orion Sun,Tycho, Jai Wolf, FKJ, Porter Robinson, Ashe, Caamp, Courtney Barnett, Hinds and others. For more information about the company visit www.momandpopmusic.com.
The Label Operations Manager will be responsible for both digital product delivery and physical product production across the label roster. The right hire will be an ambitious, self-starter with a hunger to continually learn. We seek an experienced operations person who is a fan of indie, electronic, R&B and pop music. This role will involve going to shows and meeting with internal and external partners outside of normal work hours, and evening and weekend availability will be required at times.
• Management of initial new item setup & maintenance for digital and video products through various platforms to DSP services.
• Report to the Co-GMs, and work with internal and external teams on delivery timelines to ensure that digital music and video products are built and meeting all pitch deadlines.
• Create and manage Metadata, including ISRCs, UPCs, etc. for full label catalogue.
• Manage expectations and feasibility of requests from internal and external teams.
• Work with sales and marketing teams in order to obtain pricing for all digital and physical formats.
• Manage embargo, pre-order and solicitation timelines.
• Manage external relationships with multiple physical manufacturers.
• Delivery of release elements to manufacturing vendors through delivery to distribution.
• Working with vendors and internal creative departments for manufacturing of specialty items.
• Work within manufacturing budgets and timelines to ensure products are delivered, produced on time and on budget.
• Communicate physical manufacturing costs for approval and sign off internally.
• Project optimal quantities of physical stock.
• Ensure regular updates are communicated to the internal team as well as international label partners when applicable.
• Handle all shipping logistics of physical stock from manufacturers to distributors, webstore partners, individual retailers and artists on the road.
• Monitoring physical product stock and managing production timelines with our physical distributor and webstore partner.
• Monitor and work with team to manage reasonable levels of excess inventory at physical distributor, webstore partner, and office.
• At least 2 years of experience in record label operations related to digital delivery and physical production.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Comfortable and effective working independently, as part of team, and in partnership with external partners.
• Meticulous attention to detail with strong organizational, administrative and analytical skills.
• Ability to manage multiple projects at once and with strong time-management skills.
• Skilled at creating plans, and setting and meeting timelines for tasks and objectives.
• Experienced in setting and managing within budgets.
• Proficiency with Word, Excel, Google Docs/Sheets, Dropbox, FUGA, iTunes Connect & Producer, Scatman, Music Connect.
• High integrity with a strong work ethic.
• Passionate about music and embracing of a wide range of genres and tastes.
• Commitment to advancing artists’ careers and serving their fans.
A competitive compensation package will be created that is commensurate with the size of the company, the scope of the role, and the experience of the final hire.
To express interest or recommend a qualified candidate, please email Mom + Pop’s exclusive recruiter on this assignment at [email protected] and include “Mom + Pop, Label Operations Manager 2020” in the subject line.
Reply To: [email protected]