Mom + Pop Music, a leading independent record label based in New York City. Established in 2008 with a commitment to collaboration, transparency and respect for artists’ creative controls. The label has grown to over 40 artists in multiple genres and a diverse team of 15 employees. Artists include Alina Baraz, Orion Sun,Tycho, Jai Wolf, FKJ, Porter Robinson, Ashe, Caamp, Courtney Barnett, Hinds and others. For more information about the company visit www.momandpopmusic.com.
The Marketing and Project Management role will be an ambitious, self-starter with a hunger to continually learn. We seek an experienced music marketer who is a fan of indie, electronic, R&B and pop music. This person will report to the Co-GMs of the label and manage specific Mom+Pop artist projects from both emerging and established artists. This person will play a key role in further expanding Mom + Pop’s success in the urban, R&B and electronic genres.
• Create and maintain strategic marketing plans that realize artists’ and label’s campaign objectives.
• Work in tandem with internal and external teams and lead all communications with artist teams.
• Coordinate with digital and other teams to build audience and foster fan engagement.
• Provide project management oversight including progress tracking, updates, analysis and metrics reporting.
• Coordinate the activities of release assets, timing, touring, remixes, video, streaming, brand partners, and more.
• Ensure proper execution across all streaming partners.
• Grow and maintain 3rd party relationships with brands and lifestyle partners.
• 4 or more years of experience in artist and music marketing gained at a label, artist management firm or music distributor.
• Marketing or project management experience in the urban, R&B, hip hop, rap and electronic genres and formats.
• Depth in a mix of marketing disciplines including marketing plans, project management, digital marketing, analytics, communications, publicity, social media, artist branding, and brand partnerships.
• Experience working with external partners on artists’ teams including artists, managers, publicists, social media agencies, tour managers, agents, promoters, merch companies, brand partners, distributors, DSPs and others.
• Ability to generate, shepherd and execute creative ideas that support the overall mission of each assigned artist and their campaigns.
• Proficiency with Word, Excel, and Google Docs is a must.
• Excellent collaboration and people skills.
• Strong oral and written communication; able to conduct formal presentations and facilitate informal meetings and conversations toward business objectives.
• Highly organized with attention to detail.
• The ability to work on multiple projects concurrently, without sacrificing the depth and focus that each project deserves.
• Comfortable working in teams and independently.
• High integrity with a strong work ethic.
• Commitment to advancing artists’ careers and serving their fans.
A competitive compensation package will be created that is commensurate with the size of the company, the scope of the role, and the experience of the final hire.
To express interest or recommend a qualified candidate, please email Mom + Pop’s exclusive recruiter on this assignment at [email protected] and include “Mom + Pop, Marketing Manager 2020” in the subject line.
Reply To: [email protected]