Warp Records is an independent record label with an uncompromising legacy of groundbreaking artists and releases. Warp’s roster includes legendary artists such as Aphex Twin, Autechre, and Boards of Canada, as well as important voices in modern music, including Kelela, Yves Tumor, Flying Lotus, and Oneohtrix Point Never. Warp Records North America is seeking a Spring Intern for its New York office.
The ideal candidate will display •
- A passion for contemporary music and culture
- Interest in Warp’s catalog and current roster
- Strong organizational ability and attention to detail
- An ardent interest in pursuing a career within the music or arts industries
- Initiative to learn and develop their skills through the course of the internship
- Proficiency with Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
What this internship will offer •
- An introduction to the structure and operations of an independent record label
- Experience working in a focused office environment
- Opportunities to learn about diverse sectors of the music industry
Tasks will include •
- Miscellaneous support tasks for Warp’s North American Staff
- Assistance with office inventory management
- Aiding in the creation of digital assets for forthcoming releases and reissues
- Aiding in the creation of media decks highlighting artist achievements
- Research-based projects including analysis and collection of marketing and sales data
Previous music industry experience is not required. We are more concerned with finding the right combination of personality and work ethic to join our team. We encourage all to apply.
Due to the high number of applicants, we regret that we will not be able to respond to all applications.
- Internships for college credit are strongly preferred
- $15.00 per day lunch stipend
- 2 days a week, weekly schedule will be arranged with Team Coordinator
- Internship will begin in January 2020 and end in May 2020
- Warp Records is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, or veterans status.
If you would like to apply, please email a PDF of your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with “Spring Internship - [Your Name]” in the Subject Line
Applications will be closed after November 20th
Reply To: [email protected]